Monday, September 26, 2011

Checkmate

Hey Everyone,

For those of you who haven't realized it yet life can be pretty complicated sometimes. Since being a missionary it feels like you have a million things on your brain all the time 24/7. Dad knows that I'm terrible at remembering things. when I'm multitasking I'm bound to forget one or two of the said tasks. That's why Missionaries don't come solo lone wolf style they need a companion to help them out and that companion needs you just as much as you need them. It's nice have help. Twice a week the Spanish speaking missionaries stay with us. Elders Vite and Matthews are fun to have around. Together we have got pretty addicted to playing chess. I have realized if I lose a game it's almost always my fault. You have to keep track of so many things and it's easy to make one slip up that can cost you the game. I was playing Elder Vite and I wasn't feeling very confident in that particular game. Elder Schmidt was watching us play and he decided to step in and lend me a hand. The game changed and a few minutes later Elder Vite found himself in Checkmate. I learned again the value of a companion not just in Chess but in life and right know missionary work especially. It's nice when someone has your back and that is why Heavenly Father has allowed us to have the gift of the Holy Ghost to lead and guide us throughout our lives. If we heed it's promptings we will never have a reason to fear or lose our way.

This week was great! There was a Temple trip up to Manti this week. I love that place! Brother Poulson was there and that made my day I love that guy. He says he reads my blog every week so I hope he considers this a shout out.

The other great thing was just the people we are able to teach. Life is good.

The Church is True
143 Family
Elder Ian Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment