Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Missionary Email!!! September 8, 2010

Okay wow hi guys i'm at the mtc safe and sound. I got here around 9 yesterday. The flight felt way longer then it actually was. When i got to Denver i desperately wanted to find some missionaries. I found a senior couple on there way to Toronto East Mission. There names were elder and sister Mayo they were so nice. i wanted to give them a hug i was so glad to see them cause flying alone is no fun. it was nice when i finally got to the mtc one thing that made me so happy was my room number was 143!

i just got my name tag about an hour ago and putting that on i really felt like a missionary and walking into the mtc the spirit slaps you in the face. it's surprisingly comfortable here to i guess that's cause everyone here can relate to you on some level. i don't have a companion yet i'm told i'll meet him around 2 but for right now i've been handing out with Elder Lopez. he is an early arrival like me.

wow this is a really surreal feeling i'm on a mission!!! being here though i know it's the right thing to do and that's cause my family is so amazing. i got to share my testimony with all the international missionaries(most of them from Korea) and what i talked about was how missionary work blessed my family. if it weren't for missionaries our family wouldn't have the gospel and we wouldn't know the blessing of eternal families. i have a small challenge from my family and anyone else who feels so inclined. can you send me a email of your testimony. i thought it would be something nice to have and something i could keep with me while on the mission.

i love you all so much i have the best family anyone could ask for. all our family is so strong and have such solid testimonies and i can't thank you guys enough for the example you guys set for me. i can't wait to go to the temple with all these other missionaries and feel of the spirit there. i know going on a mission is the rights thing to do and as long as i put my faith in heavenly father and Jesus Christ i know i'll feel closer to my family and not lonely cause i'll be comforted through the spirit. the church is true and i love you guys so much i couldn't ask for a better family.

love always

Elder Ian Dyer

2 comments:

  1. I met Elder and Sister Mayo in Denver too. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you.
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a great idea. Thanks for making Ian's letters available to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete