Monday, December 6, 2010

week... I dunno what week it is

Hello Family,

This week was a lot more exciting then last week. Well I'm just gonna start typing and i'll see what comes out.

One of the families we teach the Mom is a nonmember and we've been teaching her and she wanted to be Baptized. Unfortunately she and her significant other are not married. That's cause she isn't exactly a legal citizen! Happy days though cause with the help of brother Van Orman they were able to get a marriage license. Apparently not every question needs to be asked to get one of those! anyways Elder Lora and me got to go to a wedding last Wednesday. it was really small but still awesome cause now she is gonna get baptized this Saturday!

Cal Clarke wasn't able to be Baptized this week hopefully in about a month he will be able to. His daughter just turned 8 and got baptized last Saturday. We went to that though and very last minute Brooklyn(Cal's Daughter) asked me to confirm her and give her the Holy Ghost AHHH!!! I did my very best to pretend i wasn't scared to do it cause i've never done it before. It went over fine though cause Heavenly Father Definitely took over. that was the most amazing baptizimal service ever though! such a strong spirit there. I love the Clarks! I can see how the gospel is infuencing there lives for the better and the changes they are making. I can't wait for Cal to get Baptized cause that will be epic!

Those are the two really cool things that happend. Some other cool stuff is
- I play hacky sack a lot and i got to 11 my goal today is 15
- cooked egg mcmuffins twice for Elder Lora and me
- got my ukulele strings!
- Bought the Prophet of the restoration dvd
- Ate lot's of food at the Clarks. Lisa cooks like mom. her lasagna last night tasted like yours mom! it was amazing
- The best thing though we found 3 more people to teach! We found one guy named Dave and he's the only Black guy in Wayne County and we teach him haha! He's 51 and from Philidelpia. He is super Golden

Anyways this has been a really great week testimony strengthing everyday.
The Church is true i love these people
143 Everyone
Elder Ian Dyer.

ps Mom sister Anderson emailed you! Her Family says 143 to. They had a picture on the wall and it was 143. I asked what it meant and it meant the same thing

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad we have gotten the chance to know Elder Dyer. I have enjoyed cooking for him. He certainly loves to eat...which means he has come to the right house. All his family and friends should be so proud of him. He is an amazing person. He will be missed when he is no longer here in Loa. Keep up the good work Elder Dyer.
    The church is true.
    Lisa Clark

    ReplyDelete