Monday, July 11, 2011

Don't Get Discouraged

Hey Everyone,

To be honest there is not much to report this week. I have definitely never knocked so many doors on my mission as I did this week. Tracting is fun and you get some great stories but it's so ineffective. The Church stats on tracting is every 1000 doors there is 1 person to teach... I have a testimony of that!

Things in our area have finally got organized though as of yesterday. Elder Toropainen and I have come up with a system to work with the home teachers. We received some revelation and it's working out good now with some help from our handy stake president. He is a great help and I have never met another Stake president on my mission who has been so willing to help and spend time with the missionaries.

This week will be awesome the wards are setting us up with appointments for less active and nonmembers in the wards and we will go with the home teachers. In Utah even non members get home teachers cool eh?

It's going to happen this week it has to. It's been really hard not to get discouraged but when I do that's when I'm most thankful for the Atonement. I need to analyze any discouraging thought that I have and recognize that those kind of thoughts come from somewhere that is not where Heavenly Father is. I know exactly who doesn't want missionaries to succeed and he seems to be working pretty hard right now. When Christ Atoned for all of us he felt everything bad that we feel including discouraging thoughts. I know that he felt exactly as I did this week and if I rely on him everything will be alright.

The Church is True
143 Family
Elder Ian Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment