Monday, November 15, 2010

Not Ephraim

Hi family and all faithful readers of my blog,

First of i'm not serving in Ephriam. Shortly after writing my last email the assistants called me and told me i would be serving somewhere else instead. I'm serving in the booming metropolis of Wayne county. I'm covering the Loa stake with my new companion Elder Lora. The Loa stake has never had Elders of there own and so it has been up to Elder Lora and I to open up this new area. I'm really happy to be serving in small towns again and not doing YSA stakes. It's hard opening up a new area especially since Elder Lora has only been out just under 4 months and me only about 2 and a half. it's a real learing experience so far. the Stake is very nice and really excited to have us. we stay in an log cabin motel that some members own. It's pretty neat, kind of small but it's alright. The family that lives there to is really nice they bring us cookies quite often. speaking of cookies mom can you send me your cookie recipie? we live in Loa right down main street. there is a lot of snow here at the moment.

Elder Lora is originally from the Dominican Republic but for the last 2 years has lived in New Jersy the garden state. He is very good at english so communtication is not a problem. He's a cool guy and i'm picking up a little spanish from him. In two days it will be his 3 year anniversary as a convert to the church. he told me he was a J Dub before. His favorite TV shows growing up were Power Rangers and Dragonball Z so we have things in common to bond over.

I did get to serve one day in Ephriam with Elder Gilmore from Horse Head New York. It was an interesting experience serving where it was mostly college kids. However i didn't really like it but i won't go into that. that area has sisters now so i don't have to worry about going back there. I wish i new Elder Salanoa was there though i would've looked for him but oh well maybe we'll run into eachother later.

I'm thankful to be serving in Loa cause it's a lot like Castle Dale but a bit more difficult cause we are opening the area. I still like it lots so far though and it has the coolest stake center i've ever seen! we got a tour and were able to climb up the bell tower and ring it.

We got to talk in a ward yesterday where an Elder just returned home from Edmonton. His name was Elder Chappel and just like me he was wearing a poppey cool eh? He was a nice guy and some other Elders who served in Edmonton was there and one of the Ward Mission Leaders served there to. Lots of people here to talk about Canada with.

We're doing our best to get the work going over here and i know things are going to be great here real soon. The members are a huge help.

The Chuch is true i'm so glad for this mission it's stellar!
143 Family
Elder Ian Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment