Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines

Hi happy Valentines day,

If you didn't think Valentines day was a big deal in your normal life try it as a missionary. There is absolutely no use for this day as a missionary! We might go get a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's or something.

We were at Brother Poulson's house yesterday and he was on the computer checking out my blog. I saw it once almost at the very beginning of my mission but hadn't seen it since. It was really cool i went back and read my first couple posts. It's always cool to see where you've been compared to where you are right now. I looked at my very first email home from my first day at the MTC. I got there early and was put in a group with all the Koreans. I remember being somewhat confused and for the most part being overwhelmed. Most of my thoughts those first few days there were just about what the Heck have i gotten myself into!?!? Thankfully I've since grown out of that and really am enjoying myself out here.

Richfield has been pretty good so far. It's fun being in a bigger place then my last two areas but i forgot how complicated it is. We cover 2 stakes and that's 18 wards all to ourselves. It's difficult learning all the boundaries and the names of all the bishops, meeting times, ward mission leaders, ect. I've noticed that Utah missionaries as a whole have a problem with remembering the names of members of the church. There are so many members here it's hard to remember them or really get to know any of them. I was so thankful for Brother Bott in Castle Dale and the Clarks,  Andersons, and pettys in Loa and now Brother Poulson in Richfield. It's hard to get to know members here but thankfully there is always a couple we get to know pretty good in each area.

One other very serious challenge Richfield has to offer is freebees. There are 6 places here that feed missionaries for free and one of those places is Mcdonalds... Don't be fooled this is not a blessing it's a trial! It's really hard to have an active lifestyle as a missionary. It's not like i can Longboard everywhere and rock climb whenever i want to anymore. Morning Basketball is my only shot at enduring through the fast food.

We had a really neat Baptism this week. His name was Colton and he is 18 and a senior in high school. It was amazing to see how many people came to see the huge event. I felt like i was at Jenna's or Bryan's Baptism back home  again. I think high school baptisms are one of my favorites cause they always have so many friends that care about them.

Smith and me got to go down to St GeeZee with the Price Manti Zone Leaders on Tuesday. It's cool cause Elder Doane my mission father is a ZL to. It was fun to drive down. We stayed with the AP's that night. One of them had a ukulele so i played that for a while. We had many sing alongs.

The next day we had ZLC with president. It was a really good meeting. Elder Black and Elder Smithpeter were there. They are ZL's to but it's neat cause all three of us came out of the MTC together. It was nice to see them to. We all looked at eachother and our only though was what the crap! How did this happen. They are solid missionaries though so i still felt kind of under qualified. The meeting was good though the spirit was strong and it was really great to be around such stellar examples.

A couple days ago i was able to do my first Baptismal interview. It was for a 75 year old woman. Her whole family were members and she figured it was just about time. I laughed and assured her it was a great decision.

On the drive home something monumental happened... I had in and out burger for the first time. If anyone doesn't know what that is ask ray he knows. It's a really good burger place so yeah kind of a big deal.

I think that's about all for today. we are going bowling again so i better get going.

143 family
The church is true
Elder Ian Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment