Monday, February 28, 2011

Makes a difference

Hi,

Alright so 2 migraines and a nasty cold later I'm ready to write and email home.

I sat down and opened an email from Clarke this morning and it made my day. This is because it had a picture of my future Niece or Nephew. Woot i'm gonna be a double uncle by the time i get home! Thanks Clarke, Cecilia, Alison, and Ray!

These past 2 weeks not gonna lie i'm a little spent. I feel like i could sleep for a solid week straight. Being a ZL and sick a bunch is exhausting! Things are on the upswing though. I feel like i'm learning what i need to Elder Smith helps me learn

We got your package Mom and Dad. Thank you so much! We missed smarties and mars bars a lot and we are never ever going to take chocolate bars for granted when we come back to Canada on day. There way Grandpa Dyer's eulogy to and that was exciting to read. Your a really good writer Dad. Grandpa would have been very happy with what you wrote about him. I'm happy i have a piece of his life with me now. It's always nice to have a little reminder of home. I keep my house key in my wallet. There is a part of home with me always.

We have picked up some amazing people to teach lately and the Richfield area is doing really well. The people we are teaching are so golden! The spirit has been so strong in the lessons lately. It's neat to see peoples faith build each and everyday.

One thing i didn't realize was the impact missionary work has on the members not only the investigators. We have someone from the ward come out and teach with us most nights. They are usually 16-18 years old. The future missionaries. We went out 2 nights in a row with Blake. He is 18 and our ward mission leaders son. I was on exchanges with Elder Lowther that night and he is one of our APs. One of the first things we asked Blake was if he was planning on serving a mission. He was a really nice guy but he flat out said no he didn't want to. Elder Lowther and I immediately new what are job was that night. We were going to show him how much of a blast being a missionary was. That night we ended up teaching some lessons with a very strong spirit present. A couple people that night it was our first night meeting them. The Holy Ghost new that Blake need to feel the spirit so he was there! Blake had a great time and we included him in the lessons a lot and he was great. The next night the same thing happened. When he dropped us of he told us that he was now planning on serving a mission. He learned how important it is and how good it feels to serve.

I had a similar experience yesterday to. Elder Smith had been sick a week or so ago so i went out alone with Derek he's 16. He was very timid and nervous. He helped out in the lessons that night a lot and was so happy by the end of the night. We went to the 10th ward yesterday and it just so happened that Derek was speaking. He spoke about living your missionary purpose out of preach my gospel. Derek did a great job. He shared the experience of coming out and teaching with me. I had no idea how much it meant to him. It's funny cause as a missionary you teach people everyday that you kind of get used to the spirit. I didn't realize how much of a difference it makes for the people we go out teaching with. It obviously meant a lot to Derek and Blake. They are going to be amazing missionaries.

Well things are going great I love this place i love this work. It's true and Important

We are going to go play basket ball with the high school team today and maybe do some bowling we will see.

The church is True
143 family
Elder Ian Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment