Monday, March 14, 2011

A Buzz A Baptism And Goodbye

Hello Everyone interested in my life as a missionary,

First off we received our transfer calls yesterday. I'm going to be staying in Richfield as a ZL. My new companion is Elder Harlan From West Virginia. He was my district leader For two transfers while is was serving in Loa. I'm excited cause he is the man! He is really obedient but not so much like he is a Nazi about it. Elder Harlan still likes to have fun. Also he is a country singer but he is stellar at it. He just does his thing and you want to be like him cause he is an awesome missionary. This is going to be a great transfer. Richfield is already on fire and it's going to get even bigger. Kind of like that time I lit a grass fire on a grade 7 camp and got in lots of trouble... Yep Richfield will be like that except less trouble.

Elder Smith is spending his last transfer traveling the mission helping train other missionaries. He is serving with Elder Jensen. They came out of the MTC together and have been begging to serve together for two years! That dream finally came true he is way excited. We thought he would stay in Richfield but I guess not. We got along really good and had a blast. I'm glad he only lives three hours away. We always say how Smith will be at West Ed or all be at Peter's and we will text each other to come hang out. That will be fun we are going to go snowboarding to. We talk about going to sunshine a lot. That will happen one day.

Well that's the goodbye part now for the buzz part.

I recently got a haircut and I thought it looked weird. Smith always buzzes his head and kept telling me i should just take a number two razor and shave my head... I gave in. This is the shortest my hair has ever been but whatever I'm a missionary hair doesn't matter at all. Smith shaved my head for me and he at first gave me a mohawk. I had a mohawk for about 20 minutes. First time in my life having one and it was on my mission!

Now for the Baptism part!

We had three Baptisms on Saturday. The first one was in the morning for Candace. The week before her older brother Colton was given the Preisthood so he could Baptize her. It was a month ago to the day of his Baptism that his little sister was going to be able to be Baptized by who else other then her brother. Colton is 18 and Candace is almost 16. She works at an ice cream place and we have been there a couple time to get food. Having someone you teach who works at a ice cream place make for a really good excuse to go get milkshakes. The Baptism was amazing!!! They were both some of our favorite people to teach. Smith and me Love them a lot.

The next was for Ross 14 and Logan 13. These guys are awesome. Sometimes we play hacky sack after the lesson it's way fun. They race BMX and have a competition on saturday. We are probably gonna stop and cheer them on and lend our support. we did for a 9 year old who was baptized last week. We went to his wrestling competition on thursday. I didn't know 9 year olds could wrestle it's pretty funny to watch though. Ross and Logan are studs and the Baptism was sweet. Smith Baptized Ross and I baptized Logan it was awesome they were super nervous but they did great.

Well I have to get going we are going golfing today. I suck but it will still be fun.

143 family
The Church is true!
Elder Ian Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment