Monday, March 21, 2011

Zero % Milk

Hi,

Well I just shaved my head again now I just kinda like the feeling haha.

Thing have been good week. Elder Harlan and me get along good I don't think we will have any issues this transfer. I'm trying to get his accent down. It's very very southern cowboy accent. Kind of like Forest Gump without the mental disability.  He doesn't agree but to everyone here I have an accent. I get made fun of when I say Mazda or Lama... pasta things like that. He served 6 months in Monroe which is about 10 minutes away and i'm pretty sure he knows that areas entire population. People always stop and talk to him in walmart. Someone was talking to Harlan and then looks at me and asks me if I'm new to the area... I lovingly corrected her nope I'm not new.

We had a couple baptisms yesterday one was for Justin he is 10 and the other was for Kortney she is 19. Justin's baptism went perfect but Kortney wasn't so lucky. First of all she got pulled over on the way but was left of with only a warning but it made her really late. Second with the actual baptism part the guy said the wrong name when he baptized her... By the time we figured this out the font was almost empty. We had to refill the whole font and re baptize her! two tries latter she was officially baptized. The whole baptism made for a really good journal entry. The next day I got to confirm her which was always scary but a good experience still. Yesterday was the first time i had been to a singles ward on my mission. It was strange and I felt way out of place. It was worth it though for Kortney she was super golden.

Well sorry this email was short but we got to get going we have lots to do today.

The Church is True
143 Family
Elder Ian Dyer

Ps I've jumped on the 0% milk band wagon... Goodbye 2%

No comments:

Post a Comment