Monday, April 18, 2011

Gone Fishin

Ahoy hoy,

Alright week 5 of transfer 5 has brought some good journal entries.

I know one great one will be fishin at fish lake today. I'm liking this country life a little. Everyone here has a mounted head of something in the house. I can't think of anyone who i know in Edmonton that has a deer or elk or something mounted. It's funny cause I feel foreign sometimes. Everyone here shoots guns and the only thing I've ever shot was a little 22 rifle and a BB gun for an afternoon. Airsoft guns don't count either. Yep I didn't feel like a city boy till i met rednecks. I figure Utah is ready for world war 3 to cause everyone has food storage and guns. Guess I'll be in good shape if that happens or for Clarke and impending zombie apocalypse. Haha anyways I'm embracing the county life and am very excited to go fishing today.

That Birthday package made it the other day and as soon as I heard that it would be my Easter/Birthday package I knew what that would mean... Candy tonnes of Candy! I jumped for joy Mars bars and smarties are like gold to me. Instead of eating it really fast though I've decided to ration it out and develop better eating habits. That has been a new goal cause I knew missionaries ate a ton but this is getting to be to much i have to take it easy before someone hurts themselves. I've been pretty tired to lately so i feel like i've been beat up everyday. I wish they had some way of bottling sleep or putting in your food cause i good go for a nice REM cycle 4 Burger right about now. I'm beat. It's all worth it though.

This week I've really noticed that the needs of everyone else have become more important then mine. I was reading my journal and it really starts off all about me me me I I I. The changed was noticed this week in that It's not about me anymore Its about everyone else I meet. The needs of Investigators are far more important then my own and i just want to do everything I can for them.

We had 3 baptisms on Saturday. There names were Jordan, Donna, and Tom. Jordan is 9 and always has a smile on her face. Donna is 9 to and her baptism helped her family become active again. Donna and Jordan got baptized in the same building. The problem was though that the boiler never got turned on so the water was quite frigid but they are tough  girls and will have a funny story to tell for the rest of there life. Tom is 24 from California. He is the man and was so prepared to receive the Gospel. He had Kidney Stones the day of his confirmation so we thought he wouldn't be able to make it. He toughed it out though cause he is the man and new how important the Baptism of Fire is. These 3 people are so amazing and I could never imagine not meeting them and being involved in helping develop their Faith.  I would do anything for them.

I have to say the best thing about being a ZL is I get to do lots of baptism interviews. I get to see who has been taught and how everyone has a different story of how they joined the Church. I interviewed a 17 year old girl named Caitlyn. The whole time I was thinking i wonder if this was anything like moms baptism interview. It was neat and she passed so it all went well.

Well time to go catch a fish
The Church is true 143 Family
Elder Ian Dyer

Ps I got to go to Loa yesterday!!! Part of my heart will always be there

No comments:

Post a Comment