Monday, April 11, 2011

Lets Go Teach The Mayor


Hello...HELLO!!! anyone there? It's been 2 weeks since I wrote an email,

This past couple week something monumental happened. That is i turned 20... well it's not a very big deal to tell you the truth but I feel as if the universe wants me to grow up just a little. Last night Elder Harlan and I were asked to speak at a stake youth standards night. It was really fun Elder Harlan gave a great talk about how you need to serve a mission no matter what even if you have a girlfriend. Harlan had a girl when he left and he asked her to wait... In a month she will be getting married in the St George Temple! He swears it's the best thing that ever happened to him though and it had the crowd laughing quite a bit. It was especially funny for us cause we were in St George this week for ZLC. Harlan and I had some time before our ride was picking us up so we went to visit the Visitors Center and the Temple. We sat out on the steps and Harlan points to a spot on the Lawn and says his old girlfriend is going to be taking pictures right there in month... I was like ouch! However we were still able to laugh about it. Anyways his talk was good. I talked about how if we have any shred of Faith we will serve missions and i told girlfriends to be supportive of there boyfriends and let them go. That was certainly a blessing for me. I used the parable of the talents to anyways it was alright. Harlan and I had the crowd going pretty well. After that though was a question and answer period for 3 returned missionaries( one served in Little Rock Alison!!! He said he saw your name on teaching records in the area book) and us the full timers. The questions were great a lot of them were about dating before your mission... yeah they were kind of penetrating and awkward for us at times but I felt like everyone learned something. The strange thing was finally talking to a group of youth not exactly feeling like one of them. It was always other people telling me to do this and do that and then serve a mission. It's was surreal to be on the other side of the fence for a change. I took that as the universe telling me to grow up just a little. Not to much just a little. I look to Clarke for that example of you can still be a grown up kid. I guess that just translates to nerd but I'm okay with that Clarke and I will always be able to relate. Love you a ton Clarke! The youth Fireside was so fun and the stake president here is stellar! He is a seminary teacher to and guess what his name is President Monson... Yep that through me off at first. The other Stake President is President Thomas. I get to work with President Thomas and President Monson. I wonder if that was intentional? They had a show choir at the Fireside to and they were amazing to. They brought the spirit the most.

We also were able to go down to St George this week again to. That meeting is always pretty cool and lunch is always great. President ordered 70 Hot Dogs!!! that turned out to be about 4 each! Let me tell you though they were no childrens hot dogs they were fat franks! It turned into a competition. President ate 4 and a half, I ate 5 Jensen ate 6 and Smith ate 7. President couldn't stand during the rest of the meeting. Anyways that hurt and I need to eat less. Ugh we eat a ton!

The other really neat thing other then General Conference  (which was awesome!!!) Is that we are now teaching the Mayor of the town Sigurd... Yep and on Sunday we will be having dinner with the mayor. Now Dad I know you really don't like mayors but this one is better I promise. Anyone who runs into my Dad should ask how he feels about the mayor of Edmonton.

Things are going good we are hopefully having 2 baptisms this week WOOT!!!

The Church is True
143 family
Elder Ian Dyer

ps I would never recommend eating Five hot dogs... It hurts so bad. How does that Japanese guy do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment