Monday, November 28, 2011

Ate like kings...

Hey,

I know you are all wondering and yes my belt loop survived! We ate 3 dinners. The next big challenge will be Christmas.

Transfer calls came and Elder Chadsey and me are going to go be the next AP'S! Just kidding we are staying here in the Cane Beds. Haha I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It's hard enough getting enough sleep as a regular missionary and I know the AP'S get less. That is reason enough to not want to be one. Being just a regular missionary is nice cause you don't have to worry about other missionaries you get focus 100% on your investigators and area. It's nice to be able to put your head down and go to work.

I'm happy I get to stay here it helps with investigator trust when they are not constantly having to spill their soul and life story to a new stranger every 6 weeks. 

This week we found a new investigator named Phillip. He is a former member of the FLDS. He lives in Kanab and his girlfriend called us last week. This was a true blessing cause being the holidays lots of people cancelled on us. His girlfriend just called and said " Hey my Boyfriend wants to be Baptized. When can you come over?" we started teaching them and they are coming along well. When you have an FLDS back round one of the 12 Apostles has to interview you so it's kind of a big deal. He is doing great though.

Today we are going on a hike with our favorite non member Red Bear. He is our neighbor. He isn't one to hear about the Church but he loves to hang out with us on mondays. He is going to take us out hiking today. Red Bear is a funny guy one of a kind for sure. I'm excited for a hike and so is my waistline.

Well thats about all

The Church is true 
143 Family
Elder Ian Dyer

1 comment: