Monday, November 7, 2011

Burnt Pants Best Friends

Hi,

I burnt my pants! Always check the irons setting before you iron your pants. My Favorite pants are now in the trash sad day. The iron melted them but it is okay cause I found some replacements in the thrift store to day for 1 dollar that should hold me over quite nicely.

Today we decided to spend prep day in Kanab with the other Elders. One of them is Elder Ware who I came out of the mtc with. It nice to be able to hang around him cause we get along good. We all decided to go to the best friends pet sanctuary and go on a free tour. It was kind of cool but its odd to be in a place where most people there believe in putting the needs of animals above our human needs. It was still nice to go and play with some dogs. They brought out this one I can't remember what his name was but he was a cross between a Lab and a Baset Hound. He looked like a giant weiner dog. He was my favorite. It was cool they drove us around and showed us the place its the largest animal sanctuary in the country I think is what the tour guide said. They animals have a pretty nice place some cats have a room bigger then I ever had back home. I like Dogs and everything but some people just go way to far. They have a creepy pet cemetery to that they showed us. I definitely want a Dog one day but I'm not going to be strange about it.

This week was quiet we didn't do to much for halloween. We just hung out with the ward cause we were not allowed to go out and teach that night. Missionaries aren't allowed out on halloween here unless they ask permission for a ward activity. We probably could have just gone to Colorado City cause they don't celebrate it at all there.

The other day we ate at the local Colorado City hot spot the Mary Wives Cafe. Yep no Joke that is the name. The have a sweet menu. One of the sandwiches is named the Shadrack. It led me to wonder where the Meshack and Abendigo Sandwiches were. Its a Bible reference.

This week we have been working our butts of to find new people to teach and we haven't been to successful lately. The people we are teaching right now are pretty solid. One of my Favorites is Mekyle and Victor. They are brothers about 10 and 13 years old. They live with their Grandparents who are less active and they are great to teach. The Grandma doesn't like that the two brothers fight and wrestle alot. They say it's how they show their love. That sounds familiar cause that is the same cause in my family. I clearly remember Alison breaking Dad's rib once and a wrestling match after every family dinner. Anyways it was funny and they are a great family who are great people and progressing in the gospel so well. We are praying a lot to find more people and I know the Lord will provide.

Sounds like everything is going well at home. I can't believe Alison is moving! I'm gonna miss her a lot.

143 Family
The Church is True
Elder Ian Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment