Monday, May 23, 2011

Listen Up

Hi,

 Do you ever have those weeks where it wasn't good but it also wasn't bad it was just completely in the middle? Then at the beginning of next week when you write your family home you don't know what to report? Cause i guess that was my week. It wasn't ordinary but it wasn't quite extraordinary. Hmm I guess those weeks happen sometimes but oh well that just means I have to work extra hard this week to tip the scales to make it an extraordinary week. Next week we are planning for 2 baptisms! One if for a girl named Alyssa who wants to be baptized the same day as her little brother Manuel. They are a cool family and really fun to teach and I'm sure the baptism will be awesome to. The other one we have is for Justine she is 18 and just about to graduate high school. Guess what got her interested in the Church? It was a BOY!!! Haha flirt to convert I guess. This guy is planning on going on a mission and i guess him sharing his testimony with her got Justine interested and now she wants to be Baptized. That is the best result possible for someone dating a nonmember. Saturday is going to be a really good day fro Alyssa and Justine.

This week I was able to go on a couple exchanges. The first one was with Elder Hayden he is one of the Zone Leaders so I have met him before at ZLC. We had a really good time despite that all 4 of our appointments canceled. We had some good trackting experiences. Elder Hayden is from Oregon and has been in St George his whole mission. Yikes my heart is still in the North of the mission but is slowly making it's way southward to Cedar. I can't imagine being in St George the whole time. It was a fun exchange though.

After that exchange I got to do another one with Elder Wood!!! I came out of the MTC with him and it was awesome to spend a day with him. We planned a trip to go to Washington and hang out after our missions. It's awesome to serve around him and Elder Ware to see how much we have grown up since The MTC. We get blown away that we are real missionaries now. Not learning in a classroom anymore but that we are in the real world... Well as real as Utah gets anyways cause there are still a lot of Mormons.

I realized something pretty neat this week. I'm just 20 years old but age doesn't seem to matter when your a missionary. I was thinking about this during our weekly meeting with all the ward mission leaders. I'm only 20 but my view counts for something with these men. They are mostly over 50 except a couple but they really care about what the missionaries have to say. It's weird cause they have so much more experience then me but they still want, listen, and respect my outlook as a missionary. They want to know from us how they can be better at their calling. When is a room of older people ever again going to care what I have to say? I guess they realize it's not ourselves we are trying to represent. We are trying to represent Jesus Christ and who wouldn't want to listen to him? This is an amazing calling. It's humbling.

Well that is about all I have to report on this week. I'm working hard and success is starting to come our way and things are finally turning around.

The Church is True
143 Family
Elder Ian Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment