Monday, May 16, 2011

No Idea

Hey.... How are you,

Alright so i really don't know what to write this week. Everything kind of fell through except for our baptism.

Let's see if I can recall some of the temporal highlights oh the week then I will fill you in on the spiritual highlights.

First i was able to go to Enterprise on exchanges this week. Apparently that is where Elder Jeffery Holland is from. The place was neat. I thought Loa was small but wow Enterprise smaller. It was pretty funny we taught this 20 year old farmer and is girlfriend. The Guy was wearing short shorts that left very little to the imagination. I will spare everyone the details but Elder Clark and Me were doing everything in our power not to bust out laughing. Never had such a difficult time teaching the Restoration with a straight face and yes he did make the shorts himself.

Also I went to IHOP for the second time in my life. Mom and Dad i charged it to the credit card just so you could see what I ordered. It won't happen again but I just wanted to send you something from Utah. IHOP is the greatest place ever. Totally beats Denny's and Smitty's combined. I know your not supposed to open your heart and find Love on your mission but i couldn't help it... I Love IHOP. Sorry my heart will be locked from here on out.

Today for p-day we are going to go hike kannaraville falls and there is wind to so hopefully some kite flying will happen.

best part of the week though was Heber's baptism.  He has had to wait a long time but he was strong throughout and waited no problem. Waiting Made the baptism even more special. Thinking about waiting for baptism I can't help thinking about Cal Clark. He is almost there! baptisms are great and they bring the spirit so strong.

sorry this was a short email but that was pretty much my week. Still trying to really kickstart this area and get it on fire. Cedar is getting there it just needs some more work is all.

143 Family
The Church is True
Elder Ian Dyer

ps did you know who Elder Prusse's companion was in the MTC? It was Elder Ross Cocks what a coincidence!

1 comment:

  1. Ian you'll be able to come home to your love. I HOP is in Edmonton. It's there waiting for you to come. I'm sure that your family told you already though.

    ReplyDelete